Monday, August 22, 2016

Journal Entry 10 - Destiney


My weekend away… Was much needed. I feel better then I had before I went away. I decided to visit the Forelands an give Lady time to be among her kind. After all I can only allow my little dragonet to follow me so much. She is still a dragon after all.

Of course since I was on my own I took my bow instead of my tome. It would give me a chance to keep up my skills. I know I much prefer healing now but… I can not simply forsake all my father and Leon taught me because of a few nightmares. Leon would tease me for my weakness an my father would be disappointed. Sometimes though… my hands still shake when I reach for my bow. Thankfully it is only when I feel at my worst that my hands are unsteady.

Anyways I should not continue to dwell on the past again. Leon always told me I should pay attention to the present. The past was just a stepping stone to reach where we are today. Find myself a pretty distraction if my thoughts were a bit darker then they should be. But then again Leon was also a terrible flirt with the ladies. I do not think I would have made it past the nightmares without his presence though. I should take flowers to his grave soon.

Thinking of Leon… I wonder where Uncle Ricard is now. I still have not seen him since he left me. Though he does still occasionally send me a letter to let me know he is still alive.

But yes my weekend was chaotic but at the same time just what I needed. I might have been chased once or twice by wildlife in the Forelands… Might have gotten a few scrapes an minor cuts. Makes me glad I have been studying more average methods of healing since I left my stone an tome at home so Daisy was not at my side. I guess I turned myself into my own practice dummy for treatment. Heh…

I made it out of the Forelands just in time for the Beach gathering in the Mist. The only downside was that I did not have time for a trip home for a change of clothes. Which might have been a good thing anyways since my tunic sleeves hid most of my attempts at bandages for my cuts. It was rather warm for my gear though. I left my bow an mask in the sand under the tent where Felix and Dusk were sitting.

Of course then I remembered the odds of Frost or Raiden showing up. Because I could hear their voices though I was not close enough to hear any of their words. It was enough though to make me want to bury my head in the sand. The things Oni said… Ugh! Thankfully Felix had some of that wine I like on hand. Bless him.

I was just finishing that first glass to try an calm my nerves when Frost walked over. I jumped. No doubt about that. Then Raiden joined us. I am pretty sure I squeaked an jumped again… Now I really did want to bury my head. An Felix offered me a second glass of wine. I think he knew I was going to need it. Badly.

Frost asked me what I was so… Embarrassed about. So I told him the things Oni had said the day he licked me… I think Frost was a bit peeved at both Oni and Raiden for it. Raiden took off to get something from Oni’s house nearby an to escape Frost. Frost went chasing after him.

Eventually I did catch Frost returning alone an wandering down to the water. I took a deep breath an kicked off my boots before following him down at a distance. I felt slightly nervous and afraid. Afraid that he might have gotten the wrong idea by my behavior an the way things had happened. I was worried it might hamper my attempts at being friends with him.

I apologized yet again to Frost. I seem to be doing that a lot lately when it comes to him. I explained to him how I am married an I really did just want to be friends. He apologized for Oni/Raiden’s behavior but he should not have had to. It was not his fault that they decided to use his name to distract me. Or his fault that I allowed it to distract me. I soon found myself explaining a bit of my thing for elezen men. An I might have mentioned how they were a distraction an a curiosity. An mention of the nightmares. But… I felt an odd sort of comfort talking to him or maybe it was just the second glass of wine. Probably the wine. After all I barely know much about Frost.

We did also talk about more then just the dark an depressing. There was also talk about how Coerthas used to be green. The way elezen of Ishgard and Gridania differed and to avoid Silencieuse Duskwights because they like to tamper with the Void. It was a rather pleasant night. I did not even care that I was sitting in the ocean waters in my gear. Thankfully my most important items were back at the safety of the tents though. I felt maybe I stood a chance at getting to know Frost after all.

Anyways I have much still to do. On many fronts. At least I am feeling much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment