Sunday, August 28, 2016

Journal Entry 12 - Destiney


This week has been both interesting and… strange. Dusk still baffles me. I can not tell if it is just in her behavior or the strange things she does. But I can not help but find her a bit unnerving at times.

A few days ago we journeyed into Cutter’s Cry to deal with an antlion queen. Dusk made me her assistant for whatever it was she was doing. Some sort of ritual. Involving water and candles an her magic. Luna had come along an made a sort of Clay version of Kagato since he is still unable to be found.

Chloe and ClayGato dealt with subduing the Queen as Dusk began the ritual. I left Daisy to seeing over the well being of the others as I got the water an began to pour it as Dusk directed. In the end when Dusk said the ritual was completed and the candles were now a creepy black, Chloe put down the queen. I helped to collect the candles much to my dismay at the idea of touching them. Something about using the queen’s fear an pain to make the candles… It just does not sit well with me.

The next day was another mission outside of Ul’dah. Apparently our actions a few weeks ago had consequences we had not considered. Killing the bees to help the refugees led to problems for the Miners. It seems they also used the honey from the bees to make Mead to compliment their income from mining.

I was sent with Dusk and Chloe out to East Shroud to speak with the bee keepers about possibly acquiring some bees to replace those we had killed. I was picked because of our camping trip several weeks back when Rhisi an I had gotten honey for the food. I had mentioned I used to spend a lot of time in the East Shroud.

So we went out to talk to Rosa. She runs the bee hives out there an even makes good profit on Mead from the honey she harvests. We were in luck that Rosa was working and kind enough to give us a young queen bee with a few males to help populate a hive. All she asked us for was some of the Mead the miners would produce with her bees to see their work an compare it to hers. And well a little of my time an my skill with a bow. Some of the wildlife can sometimes be bothersome to her an the bees. A small price to pay.

With the crate Chloe was able to put together and the herbs Dusk used, we were able to get the bees back over to the miners of Nanawa. I’m not quite sure what the other members of the Order had been doing but they looked like they had been kept more then busy in our absence.

However… I guess time got away from me this year with as busy as my life has been. Before I knew it, people were back into that festive spirit again to thank the Archon and the Warriors of Light for saving the world from the Calamity. I can not believe another year has passed already…

The pain is less then it used to be. But it also explains why the nightmares have been a bit more persistent lately. Another year since Carteneau. Another year since I nearly died… I guess I should find time to visit my father’s grave. As well as Leon’s of course. Not that Leon passed at this time of year. More to thank him again for the hand he had in saving my life.

I returned to the house in a less then cheerful mood, hiding my eyes behind that half-mask I had made to replace my father’s old mask. It seems I walked into quite the end of a conversation. Something about water walking around… An I wonder why Dusk makes me question things…

Dusk an Maria had just been leaving. Felix an Annowre were still there near the fireplace. As usual Felix offered me a glass of that white wine which I gladly accepted. The three of us talked for a bit an I mentioned my dislike for this festival. Eventually she left after finding a can of chocolate whipped cream in the kitchen. Felix an I talked for a few moments longer before he decided it was time to retire for the evening.

But before he could leave there was a knock at the door. Apparently we had a late night guest. Surprising. Although I think what surprised me more was that it was… A rather handsome duskwight. An Felix decided to leave me alone with him. Me! Alone with Leera. Felix even gave me a playful jab before departing… That man! I was so very nervous despite that glass of wine I had had.

I showed Leera around the house as we talked. Told him what I could about the Order though I am no officer. I tried my best not to be a nervous wreck though I could not keep myself was looking at him… Curse my problems for dark skinned elezen... I learned he was from the Gridanian outskirts which is probably a good thing since there is still a good bit of prejudice against Duskwights. An he is more of man of the craft than one of battle.

I had told him I was a healer for the Order but I was also not helpless because I do have skill with a bow. He may have made a reference to me being a rose with thorns. I could not hide my blush at such a comment. We talked for a bit longer upstairs over drinks. Though not the alcoholic kind. Leera admitted he does not drink.

I was having such a pleasant evening speaking with this handsome man that before I knew it, it was very late. How time flies when one is having fun. Especially with one such as Leera. We parted with the hopes of seeing one another again. He was a total gentleman. Unlike that Raiden… Who of course is probably still plotting ways to get even with me for Frost…

I went to bed feeling much better then I had before Leera had shown up. He had given my mind other things to think of then loss. Heh. Maybe I will seek him out personally soon. I would not mind losing a few more hours time in his presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment