Monday, August 8, 2016

Journal Entry 5 - Destiney

It is almost hard to believe a week has gone by again. I thought last week was long. This week seemed to come an go in the blink of an eye. I feel like it has been a literal whirlwind. So many comings and going this week alone.

I was… Worried? Well confused most definitely. So many of the people I knew were in the order when I joined when their own separate ways. An new faces were accepted to replenish the ranks. So it feels like a very confusing time. So many new names and faces.

However the week started off… Interesting. I did not mean to get drunk the day the next day after the last dinner with some of the members that departed. It was certainly not because of their departures. It was… More of an accident really. I was making notes up at the bar. Medical notes of course. I have been looking into non-aetherical methods of healing. Just in case. I decided to relax with a glass of the wine that Felix had introduced me to at Bronze Lake a few weeks ago. One glass turned into two… An in the end I was a bit… Tipsy when Felix showed up at the house an joined me at the bar upstairs. Okay maybe a bit more then tipsy. Somewhere along the line Rhisi an Chee joined us as well. I did not know that Oni an Aimee were downstairs. An Chee got me all flustered by admitting I have a thing for handsome dark skin elezen men. Which of course… Raiden overheard… Sigh… I ended up with another glass which I drank before heading downstairs with Chee an Rhisi. Thankfully I did not fall down the stairs. From there I only remember pieces of the rest of the night.

I remember the doodles in my notebook along the edges of the page. A rough drawing of Raiden and Frost. Eventually one of Oni looking like a devil. An one that I believe is supposed to be my father an a dead Garlean solider with arrows stuck in him. I remember calling Raiden ‘yummy chocolate’ and poking Oni. An something about my hands not being cake. No idea about how that came up. The details were lost in my drunken haze. I must remember not to drink when Oni or Raiden are about. Not that I usually drink.

I was pretty nervous to run into either of them the next day after that night. Though I did talk to Felix for a bit that day. An I might have mentioned wanting to turn Raiden an Oni into bandage mummys for that night. So the two of us might plot against them to make it happen. This could be interesting.

We went with Rhisi on a mission for a client. I will admit… I hid behind the bookcase when I heard Oni an Aimee arrive. Thankfully either Rhisi took pity on me or bless the Twelve I got lucky not to be paired with Oni for the mission. Probably because this way both teams had healers. Aimee always seems to be with Oni. Chee was invited to come with us. So the team was Rhisi, Chee, and I. A solid team if you ask me. A free paladin, a bard, and a scholar. A nice little balance.

We went into a dungeon Chee an I have some experience with out in the Shroud. Though I will admit not with a lot of success. The problem with taking a team of people you do not know is often a lack of teamwork. Things went much smoother with Chee and Rhisi though. We encountered the many traps and ambushes. Thankfully I tend to carry a few vials of echo drops since I managed to trigger a trap on myself… We did manage to find what the client was looking for. It was on a rather fearsome looking creature. However it was easier then it appeared it would be to fell. I think it is because the three of us worked so well together.

A couple of days later was when all the new faces began to join us. Konner an Rhisi had decided to recruit a few outsiders to aid us with a mission into the East Shroud. Sylph territory… How I despise those annoying pests. Those stink bombs… Ugh… But we had to venture deep inside their territory to find what Rhisi needed for the wards around the house. It was… Interesting to say the least. I nearly jumped out of my skin when one of those nasty toads landed right behind me. Thankfully we were able to make it deep enough to find what we needed upon one of the tempered Sylph. Rhisi gave it to me to hold on to. I was… Surprised. Maybe it was because she knew I would have a pouch of some sort to hold it within. Or maybe because she trusted me. It… feels nice to think that I might be trusted after only a short time with them. Then again I have given them no reason to distrust me either. We returned to the house to chat for a bit an I gave the crystal back to Rhisi.

I attempted to be present the next day to meet some of the other new faces. However I was feeling a bit under the weather. So I was forced to leave early. The extra rest was good though. I felt better today because of it. I think it might have been too much time in the heat that day. Though I had not left before Lady an Luna seemed to be plotting things. I am still worried Lady might nip Luna. Though Luna seems to think it might be a good idea to try an ride Lady around the halls…

Tonight though I got to meet some of those new faces I had not had much of a chance to interact with. As well as people outside off the Order as well. Including a few people from the neighborhood Chee an I live in. I had met X’apa early in the week while over at Chee’s house. Apparently his Free Company has a house nearby. Rhela and Suumiko from his Company came with him and us to the gathering tonight at Forgotten Springs.

I did as I usually do an was distracted by the first member of the order I felt like talking to. Which happened to be Kagato. I was a bit surprised to see him outside of his gear tonight. I don’t recall him being in swim gear last week at Costa when I first met him. We talked for a bit before I chose a spot to sit an wait for Chee to return. I would have conversed with our neighbors but they seemed busy with a few friends of theirs that had surprised them by visiting. Chee returned from whatever business she had to deal with shortly before we were joined by Tita. Apparently the girl is going to be coming by the Order house soon to take care of the chocobos. We had a pleasant conversation until she had to depart. Chee had departed as well since she was nodding off sitting beside me. So I joined Mithra and Kagato near the steps. We talked about Raiden for a few moments. An of course… Raiden has not forgotten… Ugh! Eavesdropper!

It was towards the end of the night that I could not help myself. I seen Mithra and Oni standing together. Both of them seemed so transfixed on what was happening. Mithra was rubbing his belly and Oni… Well he was enjoying it. So I pushed them both off the dock into the water below to cool them off. I am so going to pay for doing that. I am sure Oni is going to find some way to get even with me. I hope it is not licking my face like he did to Felix the night I was drinking… I better watch my back for a little while. Heh.

Anyways… I should get some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment